Re: Where to find latest gnuserv for "GNU Emacs 21.3.1"?

From: Sandip Chitale
Subject: Re: Where to find latest gnuserv for "GNU Emacs 21.3.1"?
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 06:02:25 GMT

"Klaus Berndl" <klaus.berndl@sdm.de> wrote in message
uoemiv90m.fsf@sdm.de">news:uoemiv90m.fsf@sdm.de...
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Sandip Chitale wrote:
>
> >  "Thorsten Bonow" <thorsten.bonow@post.rwth-aachen.de> wrote in message
> >  87oemkjnnn.fsf@herrrossi.mmweg.rwth-aachen.de">news:87oemkjnnn.fsf@herrrossi.mmweg.rwth-aachen.de...
> > >
> > >     Sandip> Are there any MS Windows binaries for this package? Or
> > >     Sandip> instructions to build it? Does this verion of gnuserv work on
> > >     Sandip> windows?
> > >
> > > There is a link on the page to a windoze binary and a whole section with
> > > the heading "Windows". Please feel free to read it.
> > >
> > > Toto
> > >
> > > PS: Sigh...
> > >

> >  Sorry about not being clear. I had already the versions mentioned there. I
> >  am having problem getting it to work on Windows XP. Especially gnudoit.exe.
> >  I was trying to find out if there is any very recent (2003 or 2004) version
> >  of gnuserv which works with Windows XP. Thanks for the info anyway.
>
> Do you know this gnusserv-version:
> http://www.wyrdrune.com/index.html?gnuserv.html~main

Yes. I reached it through google search as well as the

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/GnuClient

link provided by Toto.

> IMHO the best one and i use it a long time with Windows XP without any
> problems. Do you have problems with that version too??

gluclientw.exe is working for me. It is the gnudoit.exe that gives me problems.
The server process exits and the client hangs.

Basically what I wanted to do was to load a file at a specific line and column.
The gnuclientw only allows opening the file at
specific line using +<line-number> syntax. That is why I was trying to use
gnudoit.

Thanks for all your help.

Sandip