Re: language settings

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: language settings
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 11:27:56 +0200

Raimund Kohl-Fuechsle <ray@nabuli.de> writes:

[...]
> I am running Debian Sarge on my Notebook (an old one, btw).  I
> reinstalled Sarge a couple of days ago and since that I seem no longer
> to be able to let emacs come up with the german Umlaute (I am using a
> US keyboard).  Up to that reinstallation I just used Ctrl \ and mule
> behaved the (I think usual) way to show an "a" with two dots above
> after pressing "a

Input methods are defined in a package called "leim" that up to Emacs
version 21.3 come /not/ bundled with Emacs. You have to download and
install it separetely. Probably you forgot that when you reinstalled
your OS.

[I agree, btw., that `standard-display-european' is evil.]

    Oliver
--
30 Messidor an 212 de la Révolution
Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité!