Re: compiling in C mode and the compilation buffer

From: Shug Boabie
Subject: Re: compiling in C mode and the compilation buffer
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 01:40:05 +0000 (UTC)

Shug Boabie wrote:

> excellent, however i would still like the window to remain open upon
> detection of warnings as well [in order to force me to write ISO C99 code
> :-)]. i use the compile command exclusively for C code, so a grep for
> "warning:" should be sufficient. however, my attempts to customise your
> function have failed. any further hints?

for the record, here is what i have been trying to do, but it is not
working:

(defun sam-compile (buf str)
  (when (string-match "*compilation.*" (buffer-name buf))
    (if (string-match "exited abnormally" str)
        (progn
          (message "compilation errors, press C-x ` to view"))
      (if (string-match "warning:" str)
          (progn
            (message "compilation warnings, press C-x ` to view"))
        (run-at-time 0.5 nil 'delete-windows-on buf)
        (message "no compile errors or warnings")))))

i have tried to do

 if (grep==error)
    error
 else if (grep==warning)