Passing Multiplie Arguments in the mini buffer

From: exits funnel
Subject: Passing Multiplie Arguments in the mini buffer
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 19:41:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I'm having trouble figuring out how to pass more than
a single argument interactively to a function in the
minibuffer.  I've checked in the emacs manual as well
as googled but I still can't find it.  Imagine for
example, that I want to issue move-to-column to put
point at column 17 on the current line.  I can do
this:

C-u 17 M-x move-to-column

However, according to it's doc string move-to-column
takes, in addition to the first argument, a second
optional one.  How can I pass this second argument if
I'm issuing the function interactively?  Thanks in
advance for any replies!

-exits