Re: Change all syntax colors on load...

From: Michael Slass
Subject: Re: Change all syntax colors on load...
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 10:48:13 -0700

lists-absent-error@monkeyblade.net writes:

>Hi, I'm using terminal-based Emacs (21.3) in terminals with a black background,
>which I like. However, the blue syntax highlighting doesn't show up well. Is
>there a way to tell my .emacs file to swap blue for, say, yellow on load, or
>will I just have to edit every mode file by hand? Thanks in advance,
>Bob

With luck, the color you don't like is just one face, and that face is
being used by many modes.  If you customize the face, then all modes
that use it will show the new coloring.  There's a command to show you
the attributes of the character under the cursor, so you'd know which
face to customize, but I can't remember/find what that is right now.

At worst, you can do
M-x customize-face RET RET

Which will bring up a customization buffer for all faces, and you can
visually scan for the one that looks like the offending one.

--
Mike Slass