Accepting process output from a given process only?

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Accepting process output from a given process only?
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 14:08:45 +0200

I'd like to receive output from an asynchronous process, but without
possible invocation of other asynchronous actions.  If I simply call
accept-process-output, other process filter functions or timers may be
invoked at that time, which is what I need to avoid.

Is there a way to read an output of just a given single asynchronous
process?  If it is not, would it be possible/feasible to implement such
a function for Emacs (I might do it if it is not too complicated)?

Thanks for any advice.

Milan Zamazal

--
Wasting somebody else's time strikes me as the height of rudeness.
                                                      Bill Gates