"No access to tty" when using tcsh and M-x Shell

From: Matt Ronge
Subject: "No access to tty" when using tcsh and M-x Shell
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 17:54:31 -0500

Emacs seems to have a problem with the tcsh shell on my Mac OS X 10.4.3
computers. Whenever I do M-x shell I get this error message:

Warning: no access to tty (Bad file descriptor).
Thus no job control in this shell.
exit

Process shell finished

However, as soon as I switch my shell over to Bash, M-x shell starts working
again. I have tried multiple user accounts and multiple computers. Yet, I
get the same error everytime. I was originally using a binary from
http://www.mindlube.com/products/emacs/ and I thought that maybe that
particular build was having a problem. So I get emacs off of cvs on 7/22 and
built the mac version of it...and the problem is still there.

Any ideas?
--
Matt Ronge