HOWTO access menu from emacs -nw

From: Jonathan Wheelhouse
Subject: HOWTO access menu from emacs -nw
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 22:43:57 +1000

Hi

Subject says it all really.

I'm running emacs -nw (within screen) and I see the Emacs menu items
across the top of the window. eg. File Edit Options etc.

Now sometimes I don't remember the commands especially when I'm in
gnus (like I am right now - accessing the mailing list via gmane) and
so I like to pull down the menu.

Is there a way of accessing the menus via the keyboard?  (and yes I
could run emacs in X and use the mouse but I was just wondering about
this way since I can see the menu items).

Jonathan