An interactive command definiftion

From: Rodolfo Medina
Subject: An interactive command definiftion
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:40:32 +0200

Hi, all.

Here's my question. In Gnu emacs lisp programming language:
first I define a variable called my-weather and assign a value to it by
saying, e.g.,

(setq my-weather 'sunshine)

. Then I want to define a command, let's call it manage-my-weather,
that prompts me the message:

my-weather is now: sunshine. If it is okay, press enter; if you to change
it, press c

. Of course, if my-weather were rain, the message should be:

my-weather is now: rain. If it is okay, press enter; if you to change it,
press c

. Then, after pressing c (and then enter, I suppose),
manage-my-weather should prompt this new message:

enter new value for my-weather

, this way allowing me to change my-weather's value at my pleasure.
Is it possible to do this, and how?

Thanks in advance,
                Rodolfo