Re: Open info file directly in emacs info reader

From: Stein Arild Strømme
Subject: Re: Open info file directly in emacs info reader
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 20:50:53 +0200

[Harry Putnam]

| I've forgotten how to open an *.info file directly within emacs info
| reader.   I mean one that is not listed in C-h i.
|
| And not getting good start at:
|
| M-x Info-<SPC> or
| C-h v Info-<spc>

Try: g(filename)nodename

g runs the command Info-goto-node
   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `info'.
It is bound to g, <menu-bar> <info> <go to node...>.
(Info-goto-node nodename &optional fork)

Go to info node named nodename.  Give just nodename or (FILENAME)nodename.
If nodename is of the form (FILENAME)nodename, the node is in the Info file
FILENAME; otherwise, nodename should be in the current Info file (or one of
its sub-files).
Completion is available, but only for node names in the current Info file.
If fork is non-nil (interactively with a prefix arg), show the node in
a new info buffer.
If fork is a string, it is the name to use for the new buffer.

--
Stein Arild Strømme            +47 55584825, +47 95801887
Universitetet i Bergen                  Fax: +47 55589672