Re: Open info file directly in emacs info reader

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: Open info file directly in emacs info reader
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:32:29 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
>> Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:59:06 -0500
>>
>> > Actually, the first hit of "i Info RET" lands you within a few lines
>> > of what you were looking for.
>>
>> I'm not sure which one you mean.  Info<RET> goes one place and
>> Info<spc><RET> goes another.
>
> I meant the first one (I'm sure you know that no SPC character is
> supposed to be typed in the commands above unless SPC appears by its
> name).
>
>> But I don't really see it at either.
>
> Perhaps we have two different versions of the manual, then.  In my
> version, "i Info RET" lands me on the first paragraph of the node
> "Misc Help", where the second paragraph describes the feature you
> wanted.

OK I see it now.
There is a reason spc may be used ... to complete.
if you `i' info<spc>  The `i' is converted to uppercase then press
<RET> you go to `22.8 Completion for Symbol Names'  If you press spc
twice then you get `Info index' which goes there to.
So the <RET> in first instance finishes completion then jumps there I
guess.  Any way that was the source of my confusion.

So it seems the index search already leads to this info quite well.
Sorry to have wasted your time.