M-o not working in Edwin

From: Jamie
Subject: M-o not working in Edwin
Date: 17 Aug 2004 00:18:07 -0700

Hi,

I hope someone can help me, or let me know if there's a better place
to post. I am running Edwin (a customization of Emacs for Scheme) as
follows:

Scheme saved on Tuesday June 18, 2002 at 12:25:05 AM
  Release 7.7.1
  Microcode 14.9
  Runtime 15.1
  Win32 1.6
  SF 4.40
  Liar (Intel i386) 4.115
  Edwin 3.112

According to
http://www.gnu.org/software/mit-scheme/documentation/user_8.html#SEC63
, the M-o key (or ALT-o on my WinXP machine) should evaluate the
entire buffer. But when I try to do that, I get this error:

Evaluation error: PARSE-ERROR: end of file

Does this have something to do with Windows lines ending with CR/LF
and Unix lines ending only with one of those (I forget which)? In any
event, can someone _please_ help me?

Thanks very much,

Jamie