Re: ispell help needed

From: Alexandre Russel
Subject: Re: ispell help needed
Date: 21 Aug 2004 23:39:56 +0900

laurent.herve23@libertysurf.fr (laurent) writes:

> Hello,
>
>    I really need some advice (and may be a howto) to run ispell
> on emacs/xemacs on windows ;
>    i have the ispell package and i can load ispell.el, but i guess
> i don't have a dictionary (no *.hash file)
>    Where can i get a french dictionary and where should i put it

This is a link to Francais-GUTenberg:
http://www2.unil.ch/ling/cp/frgut.html

>    How to check if ispell is loaded ? eval (feature) ? the ouput
> of that is an error message.
I don't know much about Window, but on my system Aspell is used
 instead of Ispell(but still using the ispell.el file). Find out
 which one is used on your system and have a look at:
http://aspell.sourceforge.net/
or
http://fmg-www.cs.ucla.edu/fmg-members/geoff/ispell.html

bonne chance,