Re: Calculator Questions

From: Chris Green
Subject: Re: Calculator Questions
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 15:24:02 -0400

Jay Belanger <belanger@truman.edu> writes:

>> 1) Is there anyway for Calc mode to allow middle mouse clicks to
>>    insert data?

> Data from where?

I would like to highlight a number into the selection buffer and
paste/yank it into calc.

> The middle mouse click will insert clipboard contents; that has
> nothing to do with Calc.

It has everything to do w/ calc interacting with mouse-yank.. Should
have pasted the error message: insert-for-yank: Buffer is read-only:
#<buffer *Calculator*>.. After chasing for a while I found what works:

   (define-key calc-mode-map [mouse-2] 'calc-yank)

> Sure.  Insert H hours, M minutes and S seconds as H@M'S" or
> You can use o instead of @ for hours, m in place of ' for minutes, and
> s in place of " for seconds when inserting the data.
>
>   9@24' RET
>  10@34' RET
>  -

Thanks for the notation example. :)