Re: user-mail-address adds from, not replace

From: MattR
Subject: Re: user-mail-address adds from, not replace
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 18:50:21 GMT

emacs 20:

 send-mail-function's value is
 sendmail-send-it

 Documentation:
 Function to call to send the current buffer as mail.
 The headers should be delimited by a line which is
 not a valid RFC822 header or continuation line.

 Defined in `sendmail'.

emacs 21:

 smtpmail-send-it

 <other stuff deleted>

BUT...

I pulled postfix and inserted sendmail as the MTA and now things work. I had to set send-mail-function to smtpmail-send-it to get the mail to go through my isp's mail machine.

I've never used postfix before. Is there a reason why it adds the extra stuff, or a way to fix it?

Matt

Kevin Rodgers wrote:

What does `C-h v send-mail-function' say in Emacs 20 vs 21?