make-hash-table :size

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: make-hash-table :size
Date: 23 Aug 2004 20:36:42 GMT

hi all,

i'm writing a program in emacs that makes rather extensive use of small
hash tables, about a dozen elemens or so. i'm going over my code again, to
see if i can improve things here and there, and i suddenly realise that
MAKE-HASH-TABLE takes a :size argument.

so i start wondering, will i gain anything by defining my hash tables with
(make-hash-table :size 15)? does it save memory, will it speed things up?
or is it really moot whether i specify a size of 15 or let emacs just use
the default size of 65? i've tried to find some discussion of this issue on
the net, but google didn't reveal much.

TIA

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com