Re: automate Emacs beautifyer ?

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: automate Emacs beautifyer ?
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:27:31 -0600

Michael Slass wrote:
> Doing this in emacs lisp has the advantage of starting emacs only
> once, as opposed to once per file.   Assuming you have a list of the
> files you want to change, one file per line, each file with a full
> path, this elisp will do what you want:

Doing this in the shell has the advantage that it only requires about
3 lines using just 1 shell command (for, plus its do and done
keywords) and the emacs command (plus its 6 options and arguments).
That is a more efficient use of my time than writing 21 lines of
approximately 30 lisp function and macro calls.

--
Kevin Rodgers