getting <C-LEFT>, <C-RIGHT>, etc. to work in GNU Emacs under cygwin

From: Charles_Davis
Subject: getting <C-LEFT>, <C-RIGHT>, etc. to work in GNU Emacs under cygwin
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:30:42 -0400

I am running GNU Emacs 21.2 under a cygwin BASH shell on an XP-2003 system.  I would like to use my control key with the arrow keys on the "inverted T on my keyboard.  Unfortunately, Emacs does not seem to notice when the the control modifier is used with these keys.  The same is truewhen the control modifier is used with keys on the "6-pack."

I have tried changing the TERM environment variable.  While that changes the definitions of the keys themselves (e.g., <home> may become <find>), I still am unable to use the control modifier with these keys.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,
Charles Davis