Carbon Emacs and xdvi

From: Nathan Sidoli
Subject: Carbon Emacs and xdvi
Date: 7 Sep 2004 14:56:36 -0700

I'm currently using emacs in the X11 server on Panther. I'm
considering switching to Carbon Emacs but I don't like the way the
view command is functioning. I would prefer to simply view my docs in
xdvi (which I currently do). It is set up to compile first to dvi then
to pdf and then to view with Preview.

I tried fiddling with the .emacs.el file. That is with

;; Preferred view format: dvi, ps, pdf, pdfs
(setq TeX-view-format "dvi")

and

;; DVI previewer
(setq dvi-previewer-program
      (if darwinp
          ;; "open -a 'MacDviX'"
          "setenv DISPLAY localhost:0.0;/sw/bin/xdvi"
        "xdvi"))

but I wasn't able to make the changes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Nathan