emacs via telnet

From: Brad Collins
Subject: emacs via telnet
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 11:23:23 +0700

Control key commands (C-x C-c, C-x C-f etc) don't work in emacs over
telnet connections.

This was working fine before, but I'm getting the same problem no
matter which telnet app I run (SecureCRT or PuTTY on Windows) and it
doesn't seem to matter which host I'm connected to.  I have the same
problem if I am connected to my local test server sitting next to my
desk or connected to the shell account on my ISP.

So it doesn't seem to be related to emacs, or to my telnet software.

I didn't have any problems before, but after I had to reinstall
Windows I began getting this problem.

Anyone have any idea what's happening?

b/
--