Cyrillic and Greek width problem

From: Alex
Subject: Cyrillic and Greek width problem
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:20:42 GMT

I have GNU Emacs 21.3.1 on my Debian (Sarge) box. In my X resources file I
have the following line to set up font in Emacs.
Emacs.font: -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--15-140-75-75-c-90-iso10646-1

However, whenever I attempt to enter a cyrillic or greek character, its
glyph appears half the normal width (that is half the width of a normal,
not double width, glyph)

The same happens whenever I try to open a text file (encoding utf-8) with
Russian text.

I have not experienced these problems with terminus fonts (all sizes),
however, it would be great if I wouldn't be forced to use them, since they
lack glyphs of many characters.

I searched through groups and mailing lists, and it seems that nobody has
this problem. Have I done something wrong? Or is it a Debian specific
issue? How could it be resolved?

Thank you