Re: help with font-lock-multiline

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: help with font-lock-multiline
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:38:24 GMT

> I'm doing JSP development, and I want something very simple.  I want to
> fontify the text between <% and %> tags, even if spread across multiple
> lines.

font-lock-multiline is probably not the right tool here (it works OK for
things that are "generally single line, but something spread over a couple
more lines", but for really long sections forget it).

Your best bet is to mark <% and %> as string (or comment) delimiters in
font-lock-syntactic-keywords.  If you want to highlight them in a different
face that the string-face or comment-face, then use
font-lock-syntactic-face-function.

        Stefan