Re: Emacs changed indenting on me

From: Greg Rowe
Subject: Re: Emacs changed indenting on me
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:48:12 -0400

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:09:40 -0700, Sarir Khamsi wrote:

> Thanks, but does that change the indentation amount (ie, number of
> spaces) and comment character placement? I don't see a call to that in
> my ~/.emacs file.

Yes it does.  It can completely change the indentation style including the
number of spaces.

If the spaces do not suit you you can change that by setting the
c-basic-offset variable.  For example, I like 5 spaces per indent:

(setq c-basic-offset 5)

In reality I use the stroustroup indentation style which uses a
basic-offset of 5 anyhow.

Greg

--
Home is where the .bashrc is.