Re: loading emacs macros from file

From: J. David Boyd
Subject: Re: loading emacs macros from file
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 08:21:31 -0400

Daniel L Elliott <dan_elliott_at_cox_dot_net@spam_is_pathetic.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to load the following file (~/.emacs_files/macros.el) which
> contains two macros in my .emacs file:

> using the following:
> (setq load-path (append load-path (list "~<myUserName>/.emacs_files")))
> ;;some junk I wrote
> (load "utilities")
> ;;my macros
> (load "macros")
>
> However, when running M-x <either macro name>, I get 'no match'.  Why is
> this?  Am I fundamentally doing something wrong here?
>
> Thank you,
>
> dan elliott

Do the items in "utilities" get loaded.

I tried what you have, from the command line, and it worked fine here.  By
this I mean that I created a macros.el file, put your two macros in it, put it
into a file that was in my load path, and from the minibuffer did an eval on
(load "macros").

The macros were there when I did this.  Have you tried entering these commands
interactively, and seeing if the minibuffer reports 't' when you (load
"macros").  Maybe your emacs session isn't able to find the macros.  But if
the items in "utilities" are being loaded, then I don't have a clue...

Dave