Re: emacs key bindings: normal .emacs entries don't work

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: emacs key bindings: normal .emacs entries don't work
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 20:01:15 GMT

> None have worked.

How should we guess the problem if you don't tell us in what way it didn't
work (i.e. what did it do)?

        Stefan

PS: Given your description, the problem is not in global-set-key but in
the description of how your twerminal encodes the C-right operation.
I.e. any fix will be specific to your terminal, so you have to tell us
which it is.
Also try to hit C-right and then C-h l and tell us what was the result,
this will tell us what escape sequence was generated by your terminal.
Do that as well with just `right C-h l' so we can compare, to make sure
that the terminal distinguishes between the two.  Most likely it doesn't and
there's nothing that Emacs can do until you fix your terminal.