Re: backup-each-save.el v1.1

From: Kin Cho
Subject: Re: backup-each-save.el v1.1
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 13:54:36 -0700

Actually I also wrote some code to backup every file I save, but
to a single directory (with a timestamp appended to each
filename).  The backup directory would fill up with a thousand
files in a month, then I would manually (should write some elisp
to automate eventually) archive (and delete) the oldest 500 to a
single zip file.

I've been doing this for probably 4-5 years, and I have to go
back to this backup directory to recover files quite a few times.
Also I never had trouble finding the right file to recover, even
though the directory structure is not mirrored.

-kin