change-log-mode

From: Jochen Küpper
Subject: change-log-mode
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 13:31:09 +0200

I have problems with add-change-log-entry using the "wrong"
user-mail-address for new entries.

I have made user-mail-address local using
,----[.emacs]
| (make-variable-buffer-local 'user-mail-address)
`----

When I set it locally in some buffer (i.e. via a local variables
section) that works perfectly, as I can check by C-h k C-h v.

However, a-c-l-e does seem to cache the value internally. It always
does the right thing [1] when called for the first time in a session,
but the keeps using exactly that mail address for the whole session.

Is there a way to tell it to re-assemble the name/email string every
time? Or can I provide it the string automatically in some way? I have
tried playing around with add-change-log-entry, but I could not find a
way to programatically set the name/email string to use.

I.e. how could I modify the following to get what I want?
,----
| (defun jk/add-change-log-entry ()
|   "*Add change-log entry without asking for filename."
|   (interactive)
|   (add-change-log-entry nil change-log-default-name))
`----

Thank you for your help in advance.

Greetings,
Jochen

Footnotes:
[1]  Uses a buffer local value if it exists, the global otherwise.

        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)