Re: eval: (search-forward)

From: Joakim Hove
Subject: Re: eval: (search-forward)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:02:12 +0200

Albert Reiner <areiner@tph.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> But surprisingly, after the hook is run the boundp test always
> fails, as if the buffer-local value went away after initialization.
> Any simple fix?

Maybe; I think local variables defined on the top of the file are
meant only for the initialization, maybe the go out of scope when the
initialization is complete. Try putting the relevant string *at the
bottom* of the file instead:elisp

;;; Local Variables: ***
;;; work-string: ";;; Start here" ***

Read more about File Variables in (info "(emacs) File Variables").

HTH - Joakim

--
Joakim Hoveelisp
hove AT ift uib no