xemacs, clisp and slime

From: surendra singhi
Subject: xemacs, clisp and slime
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:17:40 -0700

Hi,
I know it is not an xemacs forum but xemacs and emacs they are so similiar I
thought that someone here might help me as emcas forum is much more active
then the xemacs one.

My question is, how to set inferior-lisp-program to clisp in xemacs?
I am using windows machine and has the latest release of xemacs.

I tried using M-x set-variable inferior-lisp-program "C:\\program
files\\clisp-2.33.1\\base\\lisp.ede -I" but it doesn't seems to work.
Especially when i start the lisp mode, slime starts up but the options
to evaluate the expression are not enabled and in the bottom bar it
shows (LISP Slime[??]).
Any when i explicitly start up slime it gives me an error
"Searching for program: No such file or directory, C:\program"
Is the problem due to space, anyway to overcome it?

I also tried removing the space and just used
"C:\\clisp-2.33.1\\base\\lisp.ede -I" as the path of my clisp but it still
didn't seem to work, is it a bug in slime or clisp or xemacs.

Any help on this will be heartily appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Surendra Singhi