Using passing the tempo-template user input to my function?

From: Hattuari
Subject: Using passing the tempo-template user input to my function?
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:05:27 -0400

I've tried all the ways I can come up with to pass the string returned from
querying the user to my own function.  I know the string is there, I can
paste it into the text at the point where I'm trying to paste a modified
version.

This is an example of code that pastes the original user text:

(tempo-define-template
 "array"
 '("typedef array<"
   (P "Data type: " data-type)
   ","
   (P "Number of components: 1 to 4 " data-order)
   "> Array" (s data-type)))
;;

Variations such as the following don't work:

;; this does not produce an error message, but fails to produce the intended
;; result.
"> Array" (plist-get paste-data-type-map (tempo-lookup-named 'data-type))))

;; This produces errors whether data-type is quoted or not.
"> Array" (plist-get paste-data-type-map (s 'data-type))))

If I explicitly pass the correct string to the function, the correct output
is generated.  Suggestions?
--
p->m == (*p).m == p[0].m