Re: How to populate a property list?

From: Hattuari
Subject: Re: How to populate a property list?
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:38:48 -0400

Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:

> Hattuari <susudata@setidava.kushan.aa> writes:
>
>> adding the members of a property list
>> in pairwise fashion?
>
> invest in some problem-specific abstraction now and you will be able
> to switch to another implementation (e.g., hash tables) later, simply.
> a side benefit is the conciseness you seek.
>
> thi
I don't believe hash tables are the correct data structure for my problem.
I believe property lists are the logically most correct in terms of
mapping.  The may, however, not be the easiest to work with.  This is the
kind of solution I was seeking:

(setq gl-type-map ())
(setq gl-type-map
      (apply 'append