Re: find-tags in Emacs 21.3.1 Debian

From: Thorsten Bonow
Subject: Re: find-tags in Emacs 21.3.1 Debian
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:25:26 +0200

    Sebastian> Dear List, I've realized that this Emacs version does not include
    Sebastian> a TAGS file. If I build one, with M-x compile RET etags *.el RET
    Sebastian> in /usr/share/emacs, will that pose problems when upgrading Emacs
    Sebastian> debian package next time? Thank you.

I don't now about upgrading, but if you specify absolute paths in your etags
call, the TAGS file will find your files even if the TAGS file itself is not in
that directory. In Emacs, the variable `tags-table-list' can be used to specify
directories in which to search for TAGS files. So you can create a TAGS file
somewhere else.

Maybe this helps...

Toto

--
Contact information and PGP key at
http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/thorsten.bonow

They say that death is just nature's way of telling you to slow down a
little bit.

Friedman, Kinky (1993), When the cat's away. New York (Wings Books),
437