line drawing characters

From: Greg Hill
Subject: line drawing characters
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:09:13 -0700

I am using emacs (GNU Emacs 21.2.2 (sparc-sun-solaris2.7, X toolkit)) on a unix system under X.

I would like to create some simple line drawings by mixing line-drawing characters along with ordinary text. Surely the One True Editor is capable of that, but I haven't been able to glean any useful information on how to proceed from the Gnu Emacs Manual (Fifteenth Edition), the Gnu Emacs Lisp Reference Manual, or anything I could find doing a Goolge search.

Can anyone offer me any tips?

Thanks.

--Greg