Re: line drawing characters

From: Greg Hill
Subject: Re: line drawing characters
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:09:14 -0700

At 10:58 PM +0200 10/28/04, Pascal Bourguignon wrote:
Greg Hill <ghill@synergymicro.com> writes:

 I am using emacs (GNU Emacs 21.2.2 (sparc-sun-solaris2.7, X toolkit))
 on a unix system under X.

 I would like to create some simple line drawings by mixing
 line-drawing characters along with ordinary text.  Surely the One True
 Editor is capable of that, but I haven't been able to glean any useful
 information on how to proceed from the Gnu Emacs Manual (Fifteenth
 Edition), the Gnu Emacs Lisp Reference Manual, or anything I could
 find doing a Goolge search.

 Can anyone offer me any tips?

M-x picture-mode RET
C-c \ hello C-c / word!

Thanks, but that is not what I had in mind. I am talking about using special line-drawing characters that are designed for that purpose, and are not part of the normal ASCII set.

--Greg