Re: Font size 10 or 8 (nothing in between)?

From: Benjamin Rutt
Subject: Re: Font size 10 or 8 (nothing in between)?
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 18:01:34 -0400

JS <asd@asd.com> writes:

> When I use emacs I think font size 10 is to big but the only alternative
> is 8 and that is a lot smaller than 10...Is there no way to define a font
> size in the .emacs file thats in between these to sizes?

How are you picking alternatives?  You're running linux, so try
'xlsfonts' command to see what fonts you have.  Then pick one, and
try the command 'emacs -fn <fontname>'.

e.g.

emacs -fn fixed

Maybe you'll like one of those.

Here are some values for <fontname> you might like to try:

10x20
12x24
5x7
5x8