Re: updating shell environment variables

From: Dan Elliott
Subject: Re: updating shell environment variables
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:09:55 -0600

"Kevin Rodgers" <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> wrote in message
2v1lq9F2gfd06U1@uni-berlin.de">news:2v1lq9F2gfd06U1@uni-berlin.de...
> Dan Elliott wrote:
>  > If I need to change a few environment variables, must I exit and
restart
>  > emacs for these to take effect?  I typically run emacs with the -nw
> switch
>  > and then suspend emacs when I need to change env. variables.  Is there
>  > better way?  Having to restart emacs is a major pain!
>
> M-x setenv
>
> I guess `C-h a env RET' was too painful to even try.
>
> --
> Kevin Rodgers

Thank you Kevin Rodgers, for your response plus commentary.  I apologize for
the poor wording in my original post, the question looks quite stupid.
Sorry for wasting your time.

My intended question is a bit more complicated.  Change the above from "few"
to "nearly one-hundred."  I have failed to discover an effective way to do
this.  Can I somehow *flash* the state of emacs' environment variables to be
in line with the shell that "owns" my current emacs session?

Thank you (again) for any assistance,

Dan