keyboard problem on with linux -> (ssh) -> Irix

From: Joakim Hove
Subject: keyboard problem on with linux -> (ssh) -> Irix
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 09:55:35 +0100

Hello,

I am sitting right in front a "normal" linux PC, I then ssh to a SGI
computer running IRIX. When running emacs (21.3.1) on the IRIX machine
I have problems with the Alt-Gr button.

When I press Alt-Gr [ to produce a "[" emacs beeps at me, *and*
inserts a "[", so it does work to some extent. However when trying to
search for "[" (with C-s) emacs beeps at the Alt-Gr button and then
*prints* the "[" (instead of searching for it).

I have spent a fair (far to much ...) amount of time tinkering with my
emacs setup - so this might be solely my own fault.

If anyone have a good tip I would be very grateful.

Best Regards

Joakim Hove

--
Joakim Hove