Re: Face precedence

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: Face precedence
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 09:29:33 +0100

Matthew Calhoun <calhounm@mac.com> writes:

> El Nov 6, 2004, a las 11:31 PM, Oliver Scholz escribió:

[hl-line-mode face attributes not properly applied]
>> Is that
>> /everywhere/, where a face other than the default face is in the
>> buffer?  Or does this apply only for a few faces?  Or only in some
>> modes?  If the latter: which mode?
>
> I see this when I'm using mmm-mode (Multiple Major Mode Mode) with
> html-helper and cperl as the two major modes in effect.

You were right. mmm-mode uses overlays and setting overlay priorities
seems to be the way to fix the problem. I can reproduce something
along the lines of what you described, when I specify a mmm-submode
region *after* I turned hl-line-mode on.

Shooting from the hips, this seems to fix it:

(add-hook 'hl-line-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            (overlay-put hl-line-overlay
                         'priority most-positive-fixnum)))