How to customize prompt color in *shell* ?

From: KKramsch
Subject: How to customize prompt color in *shell* ?
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 22:31:55 +0000 (UTC)

How can one change the color of the prompt in Emacs' interactive
shell?  For some reason, I'm getting a dark blue prompt over a
black background which is very hard to read (I'm running emacs
-nw).  (The commands I type at the prompt appear in light gray, so
that's OK.)

Thanks!

        Karl

--
Sent from a spam-bucket account; I check it once in a blue moon.  If
you still want to e-mail me, cut out the extension from my address,