Re: sharing files?

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: sharing files?
Date: 15 Nov 2004 00:17:38 +0100

Mike <mikee@mikee.ath.cx> writes:

> I'm really not sure how to word what I'm think of. I'm searching for
> some way to share files among team members using emacs. Sort of like
> a wiki, but maybe more something that is a buffer that has a process
> that looks once a minute or so to see if the file mtime has been
> modified, then reloads the buffer. Something where we can all see
> what's going on... maybe a running list of tasks, or a white-board,
> or an in/out board, ...?
>
> Yes, this is vague, can you help me fill out the idea?

make-frame-on-display allow you to open frames on several screens,
then each user can type in the same buffer in the same emacs.

For example, on host2:  xhost +host1
             on host3:  xhost +host1
             on host1:  emacs &
             on host1:  M-x make-frame-on-display RET host2 RET
             on host1:  M-x make-frame-on-display RET host3 RET

The world will now reboot; don't bother saving your artefacts.