Re: sharing files?

From: Bulent Murtezaoglu
Subject: Re: sharing files?
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 03:37:16 +0200

[...]
    M> That's neat. I had not heard/read the emacs could do that. I'm
    M> thinking less of a white-board, though I said that, I'm
    M> thinking really of something like a snippet of code that looks
    M> for timestamp changes and reloads the buffer. [...]

Hmm, if the whiteboard nature is not required then perhaps one could
consider mail or news.

    M> It's not
    M> real-time, but should allow sharing of ideas, issues, etc. What
    M> do you think?

I think itimers+whatever kind of notification mechanism (beep?) you
want could do this.  But you'll still need to work out the details of
who owns what and who can edit what etc.  These problems don't exist
in either mail or news.

cheers,

BM