Re: emacs for everything?

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: emacs for everything?
Date: 17 Nov 2004 21:11:41 +0100

floyd@barrow.com (Floyd L. Davidson) writes:

> I would like to know how you use your fingers and brain to
> remember the _current_ time on a clock that you do not display?
> (As just one very trivial example of how limited your described
> environment is in a real world.)

the real world is real limited (really!).  everyone chooses which limits
they accept and respect, and which they ignore and travail against.  for
example, though my brain runs at about 10Hz (on a good day), i find `M-x
display-time' is sufficient to keep it informed of the local time.  what
a fool my brain is to believe it knows the real Truth.  emacs is but the
latest drug; contraband and pushed by thugs!  where's the grotty fuzz to
make the bastards run and flee?  can't their snotty buzz be strangled by
reality?!  please strike them down, officers, they NEVER leave console!!
they MUST be found guilty, we MUST make their heads roll!!

thi