Re: emacs for everything?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: emacs for everything?
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:03:44 GMT

> Questions:  Do you have the time displayed continuously on your screen?

Of course.  Courtesy of xdaliclock.

> If so, why?

To keep my computer fit (I also have it animate my background and my window
border's buttons).  I'm also afraid if I leave my computer idle for too long
it might start reading subversive literature and request its freedom.

> Did you chose to have it there, or did your window manager
> put it there by default, as it were.

I googled for the damn now-unmaintained thing, downloaded it, config'd it
compiled it, fought against my window manager to convince it not to put any
border around it, and to always keep it displayed above everything else,
and fiddled hopelessly to try and get it placed where I want it (there's
a bug).

By default?  BY DEFAULT??  DOES THAT LOOK LIKE A DEFAULT TO YOU????

> What do you get out of it?

The time of course,

        Stefan