Re: emacs for everything?

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: emacs for everything?
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:41:26 -0600

   > .... and if you have all of those on the terminal, I assume that some
   > are just cheap simulations.

   Cheap simulations?  How dare you, sir!

Because you _can_ simulate them under emacs.  However the result is
not as convenient as the real thing.

   No, I've got C and M, but not H, s, or A.  Haven't got enough keys on my
   keyboard for these,

Sometimes you must be willing to cannibalize.  I cannibalized the
number row and just type numbers with an embedded keypad.

   and I'm not sure I've got enough commands I'd want to bind to
   them, anyway.  Maybe I could use one of the modifiers to take the
   place of C-x or C-c, thus saving keystrokes.  Is that what you
   use them for?

Not exactly, though that's the rough idea.  The X modifiers are a
throwback to the space cadet keyboard.  Good for typing mathematical
text, for example.  If there were a couple more modifiers I'd be
even happier.

   By the way, what does `T' stand for?

Just itself.