Re: Efficient Emacs usage?

From: FCC
Subject: Re: Efficient Emacs usage?
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:39:41 +0100

Brian Elmegaard articulated on 11/24/2004 10:04 AM:

>I have had no problems with mingw-gcc running g77 in gdb.
>Maybe you could try this first?

However, g77 supports only Fortran 77, whereas I primarily code Fortran
95 (which is not much different than C, only superior, unlike what most
people think when they first hear the word ``Fortran". But hey, I am not
a fan, so I accept that it is not for computer scientists since you
cannot write operating system level functions in it, but it is
definitely for all other type of scientists or engineers who try to
solve physical problems). May be g95 or gfortran will solve my problem;
assuming gdb works well with at least one of them, I could debug with
it, and then finally compile using the compiler which produces the
fastest executables and perform the calculations with that executable.

Thanks for answering,

--
FCC.

===
There are some things which cannot be learned quickly, and time, which
is all we have, must be paid heavily for their acquiring. They are the
very simplest things, and because it takes a man's life to know them the
little new that each man gets from life is very costly and the only
heritage he has to leave.
-Ernest Hemingway.