Re: emacs for everything?

From: Leonardo Boiko
Subject: Re: emacs for everything?
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:49:42 -0400

Maciek Pasternacki wrote:
I don't like to have to hold shift when typing keywords (well, maybe
I could do Emacs tricks like `turn preceding n words to
uppercase'... well... *click* C-h i g (emacs)...).

C-u - n M-u, where "n" is a digit (or nothing for upcasing just the last word). M-u, M-l and M-c rocks.

I never used caps lock, because I don't mind holding shift, so I don't miss it. But I wouldn't assign it to the common Control key, because I'm always using a computer from someone else and therefore can't break completely the habit.

--
Leonardo Boiko