Re: How to automatically write *Messages" buffer to a file?

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: How to automatically write *Messages" buffer to a file?
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 22:52:46 -0600

   Joe Corneli <jcorneli@math.utexas.edu> writes:

   > True, using `write-region' is more transparent (and I had an
   > error in my advice to this function), but I don't see why
   > advising `write-region' and then calling `append-to-file'
   > wouldn't work.

   i don't understand what you mean by transparent, here.

 Easy to understand.
 Simple.
 Direct.

Since `append-to-file' is just a wrapper for `write-region', using
`write-region' to stand for itself is clearer, hence "more
transparent".  Also the complications of advice can be avoided,
again, making the code clearer.