blank cells in ses range

From: rb
Subject: blank cells in ses range
Date: 26 Nov 2004 16:11:39 -0500

I'm having difficulty understanding how to eliminate "empty" or "blank"
cells when performing a simple sum calculation on a range in
ses21-031130, and I would be very grateful for any assistance.

What I would like is the sum of, say, Column "E", which has rows 1 - 10,
of which approx. half are empty.

1       41
2       11
3
4       9
5
6       20
7
8
9       15
10      96

What I would like is for E10 to be (apply '+ (ses-range E1 E9)), with
the empty cells simply eliminated from the calculation. I can't figure
out how to make (ses+ &rest ARGS) work with the range calculation.

Thanks very much for any help,

rb