RE: Several questions about the use of emacs

From: Chen, Yukun
Subject: RE: Several questions about the use of emacs
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:33:47 +0800

Thanx Kai, it works now

Aaron

-----Original Message-----
From: help-gnu-emacs-bounces+yukun.chen=intel.com@gnu.org
[mailto:help-gnu-emacs-bounces+yukun.chen=intel.com@gnu.org] On Behalf Of Kai
Grossjohann
Sent: 2004年11月29日 19:47
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

"Chen, Yukun" <yukun.chen@intel.com> writes:

>       1. How can I comments a block of content once? (mean that I
>       can comment sever lines by marking them with "//" at the start
>       position in c language. I think it is useful in c development)

Mark the region and hit M-;.  Hitting M-; again removes the comment
lines again.  I think you need to turn on transient-mark-mode for this
to work.

Perhaps C mode also supports the C-c C-c binding to comment a region
of code.  Use C-u C-c C-c to uncomment.

>       2. Has emacs provided the function that complete the left
>       character of a word, just as the commands of vi "ctrl + n"
>       "ctrl + p" do?

There are M-/ and C-M-/.  I think that M-/ is somewhat similar to
Ctrl-P, but it searches in both directions and it searches other
buffers, too.  C-M-/ provides completion, whereas M-/ cycles through
the list of possibilities.

Kai