Re: pdb with emacs

From: Heike C. Zimmerer
Subject: Re: pdb with emacs
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:25:54 +0100

"Yuri Shtil" <yshtil@synopsys.com> writes:

> I am trying to learn python and use the gud/pdb from emacs. The
> functionality that I am used to under gud/gdb and gud/perldb is missing, or
> I don't know how to make it work.
> Specifically: when I start pdb on a script file, the source does not show in
> an another window as it does with perldb and gdb. If I bring it up in an
> another window,

Your source will show up when you step into your program, e.g. by
doing an "S" pdb command.

> the ^X SPC set a break, but the subsequent gud-next commands do not move the
> execution cursor in the source file window.

I never use gud's commands while in pdb mode because they didn't work
- at least not as I expected - and I've already been familiar with pdb
syntax.  You'd better use pdb commands in its debugger window.

Greetings,

 Heike